Updated December 1, 2022
For your privacy, we do not collect or maintain data that personally identifies you without your consent or unless you provide such data voluntarily. Please read on to learn more about KOEI TECMO’s commitment to your privacy.
2. What Information and Why We Collects
TECHNICAL INFORMATION AND TRAFFIC DATA
Every time a guest visits KOEI TECMO’s website, our server tracks technical information and traffic data. This tells us the domain name of your Internet Service Provider, your Internet Protocol address (a series of numbers which is unique to your computer), referral data (for example, the website you were looking at when you clicked to our site), as well as which web browser and computer platform you are using. KOEI TECMO may track and use this data for security purposes, to improve our website and to maintain the servers hosting our website.
In order to give you a better online experience, KOEI TECMO may collect information about you, but ONLY if you provide it to us voluntarily. We may use the information you provide for the following purposes: 1) to send e-mail updates about KOEI TECMO products; 2) to respond to specific questions about KOEI TECMO products; 3) to protect the security and integrity of our website and servers; 4) to allow registration for the KOEI TECMO forum/discussion board; 5) to fulfill orders placed for goods and services in the event that KOEI TECMO launches an online store.
3. Email to Webmaster
In various locations on KOEI TECMO’s website, there are links for users who wish to send an email inquiry to our Webmaster. KOEI TECMO may collect the personal information in these email inquiries for the sole purpose of responding to them. In most cases, we delete emails after responding to them. However, we reserve the right to maintain such messages for security purposes.
4. Online Store
In the event that KOEI TECMO launches an online store, visitors who wish to buy goods and services may be asked to provide a valid credit card number and expiration date, name, billing and mailing address, phone number, and email address. KOEI TECMO may use such information in order to fulfill your purchase of goods and/or services.
From From time to time, KOEI TECMO may hold promotions during which we award KOEI TECMO game-related products to our online guests. In order to register for a promotion, we may ask you to provide us with personally identifying contact information, such as full name, address, and e-mail address.
When you register for a promotion, we may ask if you wish to be contacted with more information about KOEI TECMO products. If you decline to receive more information about KOEI TECMO, we will discard all of your contact information at the end of the promotion. If you accept, we may maintain your email address for the purpose of sending information to you in the future; all other contact information will be discarded.
You may participate in KOEI TECMO promotions whether you choose to receive additional information about KOEI TECMO products or not.
6. Effects of Not to Provide Information
If you do not wish to submit personal information, you will not have access to some of the features of our website. You do not need to share personal information to browse our website.
7. Cookies and Other Passive Information Collection
When you interact with KOEI TECMO’s website, we collect Anonymous Information through automated technologies as described below. “Anonymous Information” means information that does not directly or indirectly identify, and cannot reasonably be used to identify, an individual person.
Log Files. Like most Internet services, we may also use log files on the server side to collect information from you. Your information held in log files includes your computer’s or mobile device’s IP (Internet Protocol) address, browser type, browser language, e-mail application, internet service provider, referring/exit web pages, computer platform type, date/time stamp, and user activity. The software enabling our services has associated log and temporary files that are stored on our servers. These files store your account information, preference settings, system notifications as well as other data necessary to enable you to use our website. Your information may also be collected in connection with regularly performed server backups.
Tracking Technologies. KOEI TECMO may utilize a variety of tracking methods to collect information from you, including, without limitation web beacons (also known as Internet tags, pixel tags and clear GIFs). Web beacons are small pieces of data that are embedded in images on the pages of websites to analyze the traffic patterns, such as the frequency users visit various areas of our website. Pixel tags may allow us to advertise more efficiently by excluding our current users from certain promotional messages or identifying the source of a new installation. These methods may involve collecting information directly from you or through another entity authorized by us to collect information on our behalf. We may also use these methods in HTML e-mails that we send our guests to determine whether the recipients have opened those e-mails or clicked on links in those e-mails. The information that we collect through tracking technologies is Anonymous Information.
Click Through URLs. Some of our services, including email messages, use “click-through URLs” linked to other content on our services. We track this click-through data to help us determine interest in topics and use of the services.
8. Who Collects Information
9. Where Information Is Stored
When you submit personal information to KOEI TECMO, the information is housed in secure databases, equipment and servers located in the United States, the United Kingdom, or in other countries. The databases, equipment and servers we utilize may be owned by third party providers.
10. How We Share Information
We may disclose your personal information to service vendors and partners (including carriers and content providers) in connection with our provision of services. Such service vendors and partners may be located in countries other than your country of residence and provide such services as payment processing, data analysis, e-mail delivery, hosting (such as website hosting), order fulfillment, infrastructure and network storage, customer service, technical support, auditing, content licensing and promotional services.
KOEI TECMO may also disclose your information in the event that disclosure of information is required by law enforcement or other government officials in connection with investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringements, or other activity that is illegal or that may expose you or us to legal liability.
11. Opt Out Procedure
If you do not want to be contacted by KOEI TECMO or its service providers for marketing purposes, at no charge, you may opt out by using the “opt out” procedures described below. We will use our commercially reasonable efforts to comply with your request.
- You can send an email to Privacy@koeitecmoamerica.com;
- You can send mail to: at KOEI TECMO AMERICA Corporation, 1818 Gilbreth RD Suite 211, Burlingame, CA 94010. Mark envelopes ATTN: Customer Database; or
- You can call us at (650) 692-9080 between the hours of 9:30 am and 5:00 pm Pacific Standard Time
12. California’s Shine the Light law
Pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, customers, prospective customers, and visitors of our website and users of our service who are residents of the State of California have the right to request certain information regarding its disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and wish to request such information email us at Privacy@koeitecmoamerica.com with “California Shine the Light law” in the subject line.
13. California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”)
If you are a natural person who is a California resident, you have the following rights;
- You have the right to know what categories and specific pieces of personal information are collected about you. As such, you may submit a verifiable consumer request via the following methods: email us at Privacy@koeitecmoamerica.com with “CCPA Information Collected” in the subject line.
- You have the right to know what personal information is sold, shared, or disclosed with third parties and to whom. You may submit a verifiable consumer request via the following methods: email us at Privacy@koeitecmoamerica.com with “CCPA Information Shared” in the subject line.
- You have the right to opt-out of the sale or sharing of your personal information to/with third parties. We, however, do NOT and will not sell or share your personal information to third parties, except in the case of Section 10, at this point.
- Subject to statutory exclusions, you have the right to request that we delete the personal information and correct in accurate personal information that we have collected about you. You may submit a request for deletion via the following methods: email us at Privacy@koeitecmoamerica.com with “CCPA Information Deletion” in the subject line. You may not have access to some of the features of our website after deletion of the collected personal information.
- You have the right not to be discriminated against for exercising your rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA).
- We may require authentication of your identity that is reasonable in light of the nature of the personal information requested. If you would like to designate an authorized agent to make a request under the CCPA on your behalf, you must provide your valid power of attorney to us. We may require further authentication of you or the agent, if deemed necessary.
14. Access to Information
15. No Response to “Do Not Track”
KOEI TECMO does not respond to DNT (Do Not Track) signals.
No. While visiting the KOEI TECMO website, you may be directed to a third-party website for which we are not responsible. We cannot guarantee that those websites will guard your privacy to the same high KOEI TECMO standard. Please read the privacy statement of any third-party website before you submit any personal information.
17. Users Outside of the United States
18. Protection of Children’s Privacy
KOEI TECMO is committed to providing special protection for the privacy of children who may use our website. We do not knowingly collect, use or retain personal information from such children. If we discover that we have inadvertently collected personal information from children under the age of 16, we will take all reasonable measures to delete any records of such personal information that come to our attention.
We also urge parents to instruct their children never to give out their real names, addresses or phone numbers without parental permission when using the Internet. We appreciate your cooperation in assisting us to provide a safe and enjoyable online experience for your children.
20. Contact Us
Feel free to email us at Privacy@koeitecmoamerica.com or write us at KOEI TECMO AMERICA Corporation, 1818 Gilbreth RD Suite 211, Burlingame, CA 94010. Mark envelopes ATTN: Online Privacy.
You can also call us at (650) 692-9080 between the hours of 9:30am and 5:00pm Pacific Time. Ask to speak with a Customer Service Representative and please state the nature of the call.